Call, Reliable Immigration Lawyer, for a free phone consultation

PHONE: (678) 675 0395

FAX: (877) 823 8052


On parle le francais

Because: We bring America closer to the world, LLC


Immigration* Citizenship* Employment* Appeals*
Deportation* Family Based Visa* Asylum*DACA* Tarjeta Verde* Solicitud de Ciudadania* A Extencion Provisional Asylo*I-601A* Accion diferida para jovenes indocumentados* El numero de suguro social y el EAD*

A Good Immigration Lawyer Makes a Great Difference


Violence Against Women Act ( VAWA)

The Violence Against Women Act –VAWA, provision in the Immigration and Nationality Act  allow certain spouses, children, and parents of US Citizens and Permanent Residents = Green Card holders, who have been abused,  to file or petition for themselves without the abusers knowledge. This is an effort to assist the victim seek both safety and independence from their abuser, who is not notified of the filing.

NOTE: VAWA provisions apply to both men and women. So if you are a man who has suffered abuse from a US Citizen or Permanent Resident spouse, you may invoke the provisions of this law.

Those Who Qualify

v  A Spouse who was abused or is being abused by a US Citizen or Permanent Resident, may file for his/herself. You may also include your unmarried child under 21 years of age,

v  A Parent who was abused or is being abused by a US Citizen or Permanent Resident, may file for his/herself.

v  A Child under 21 years who has, or is being abused by your US Citizen of Permanent Resident parent may file for his or herself. Even after 21 years you may still file if the abuse was the reason for your delay, but must be done before the age of 25 years.


Eligibility Requirements


v  A Spouse married to US Citizen or Permanent Resident abuser.

v  A spouse’s marriage to an abuser terminated by death or a divorce within 2 years prior to filing.

v  Or, your Spouse lost or renounced his or her citizenship or Permanent Resident status.

v  A child of a US Citizen or Permanent Resident abuser.

v  A child residing with an abusive parent.

v  A parent of a US citizen son or daughter.

v  Parent has been abused by US Citizen son or daughter.


Filing Process


You must complete the correct forms and provide both evidence and affidavits where necessary to fortify your chances of success. We can help you with the process. If you are approved, you may be eligible to file for a Green Card. Your listed children may also be eligible for a Green Card.


If you are unable to return to your country or any other country for fear of persecution, or if you are a refugee needing temporary protection from The United States, you may qualify for Asylum. We assist in both Affirmative and Defensive applications. Please contact us to see if you qualify.